November 13, 2009
Hey friends! I want to share with you something I've learned about this year--I think it's awesome! And since Christmas is right around the corner, it's perfect timing...
I've found 10 different online stores that sell really cute things like purses, bags, jewelry, clothing, shoes, and lots of other great gifts that help people in a very real way. Many of the products have been made by trafficking survivors (victims of sex and labor slavery) - giving them a great job and helping them afford the aftercare they so need.
To highlight a few, Thistle Farms, is a business in Nashville, Tennessee, operated by women who are receiving aftercare from a life of prostitution and drug addiction - they make wonderful lotions and hand soaps. One of my favorite stores is Punjammies! Punjammies are really cute PJ pants made by women in an aftercare home in India. These women have been rescued out of a life of forced prostitution (sex trafficking) and are rebuilding their lives. Every Punjammie purchase creates a fair trade wage, it gives financial support to the aftercare program, and supports the building of similar aftercare homes to be able to help more women.
And that's just two of the stores I've found! I don't know about you, but I think making purchases that actually help people in need is a LOT better than buying at "normal stores."
So, if this is something that peaks your interest, you can check out the online stores listed below. And if you want to join this Cause on Facebook and tell your friends about it, here's that link: Help End Slavery By Buying Great Gifts For Your Loved Ones.
I'd love feedback on the different stores, so please leave some comments! Happy shopping, friends! :)
NOT FOR SALE STORE
THE BODY SHOP
LIGHT GIVES HEAT
31 BITS DESIGNS
NIGHTLIGHT
PUNJAMMIES/Intl Princess Project
SSEKO DESIGNS
SERRV
BAJALIA TRADING COMPANY
ASHA IMPORTS
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE MISSION HOLIDAY STORE
WORLD VISION GIFT CATALOG
14 years ago



