Migrant Ministry Outreach 06.16.09  

Posted by Carolyn Joyce in ,

Hey friends & family,

Some of you may know that I’m going on a week mission trip up to Salinas (central Cali). I’ll be there from Sunday, July 26 to Saturday, August 1 with a team of about 30 from my church. Every year, migrant workers travel from camp to camp located throughout central California and the surrounding states to work on the crops.

They have many needs and to help meet those needs, our team of volunteers will partner with the local churches in the Salinas area. We are going to put on a “Vacation Bible School” for the kids of the migrant workers—singing fun songs, doing neat crafts, and teaching them about Jesus. We will also be delivering donated items such as clothes, food, and toiletries that are much needed. I will be taking part specifically in the teaching of the younger kids about God—very exciting—along with handing out bags of toiletry items that the ministry I work for at my church helped put together!

I just wanted to let you know about the trip because you’re important to me and I was hoping you could pray for me and the team. Any prayer would be appreciated. Thanks! I’ll keep you updated…

Here's a picture of the team I'm on.

This entry was posted on June 16, 2009 at 6/16/2009 10:29:00 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment