Hey there, thanks for reading my blog! I hope you're encouraged by today's entry...So, I have been reading an incredible book that has had a pretty deep impact on my heart and mind. It's challenged and comforted me on many levels. I have experienced God's gentle love and been reminded of the mightiness of His grace. I am so grateful for books like these, aren't you? What have you been reading lately? I'd love to hear about it!
I was recently sharing with a friend that I've been going through a season where God's Word just doesn't seem to impact my heart and mind like it used to. Is that shocking, or sound unChristian? Well, it's the truth. :) But on the other hand, books like the one I've been reading lately (Abba's Child, by Brennan Manning) has focused on God's character and His word in a fresh and inviting way to me. It has cut deep into my heart. So much so, I sometimes read almost an entire chapter in tears, grateful for my Savior, deeply connected to my Heavenly Father, and reaching out for my Abba, my Daddy.
So, I thought I'd type out some of my favorite quotes from this book (there are so many, but I'll limit it to just a few). Here goes...(all quotes taken from Abba's Child, by Brennan Manning)...
"Jesus reinforced His words with deeds. He was not intimidated by authority figures. He seemed unfazed by the crowds' complaints that He was violating the law by going to a sinner's house. Jesus broke the law of traditions when the love of persons demanded it." (page 141)
"Hope know that if great trials are avoided great deeds remain undone and the possibility of growth into greatness of soul is aborted." (page 105)
"The demands of forgiveness are so daunting that they seem humanly impossible. The exigencies of forgiveness are simply beyond the capacity of ungraced human will. Only reckless confidence in a Source greater than ourselves can empower us to forgive the wounds inflicted by others. In boundary moments such as these there is only one place to go--Calvary." (page 68)
"The miracle of the gospel is Christ, risen and glorified, who this very moment tracks us, pursues us, abides in us, and offers Himself to us as companion for the journey!" (page 109)
14 years ago



